In today’s digital age, communication channels are evolving rapidly, and businesses must adapt to meet the changing demands of their customers. WhatsApp, with its massive user base and extensive business-oriented capabilities, has emerged as a powerful platform for companies to connect and engage with their customers.
Using WhatsApp CRM — a customer relationship system that provides extensive support of WhatsApp can prove to be a game-changer for businesses looking to enhance their communication and sales strategies. In this article, we will explore the reasons to consider employing WhatsApp CRM and provide valuable tips for effectively using it.
Why consider using WhatsApp with CRM for your business?
There are plenty of reasons that make the CRM for WhatsApp so useful for companies.
1. Large user base. WhatsApp boasts over 2 billion users worldwide, making it one of the most popular messaging apps globally. By integrating CRM with WhatsApp, businesses can tap into this vast user base and reach a larger audience as they expand to foreign markets or scale global operations.
2. Personalized communication. WhatsApp allows businesses to engage with customers on a more personal level. Numerous studies have shown that the open rate for WhatsApp messages tends to reach 98% in comparison to an average 22% open rate of emails. By using WhatsApp via a dedicated CRM, businesses can analyze customer data and preferences, which enables them to send personalized messages, offers, and recommendations. Such a customer-oriented approach fosters stronger customer relationships and enhances the overall customer experience.
3. Real-time support. Messengers are one of the most convenient and cost-effective alternatives to phone calls as they enable businesses to respond promptly to customer queries and concerns while remaining less expensive than upkeeping a call center. By integrating CRM into a communication environment, businesses can centralize customer interactions, ensuring that all messages are efficiently managed and responded to in a timely manner.
4. Media sharing. WhatsApp supports various media formats, including images, videos, and documents. This feature can be leveraged by businesses to showcase their products or services, share product catalogs, provide tutorial videos, and offer interactive content to engage customers. With WhatsApp CRM, businesses can easily send relevant media assets to customers based on their preferences and purchase history.
5. Powerful analytics. While WhatsApp Business has capable built-in analytics, WhatsApp CRM systems are usually better equipped in this realm and, if other channels are connected, such as Facebook Messenger or free live chat, can provide a unified view of employees’ performance, the most popular types of inquiries, and their frequency, detect trends, and notify about anomalies.
How to Set Up WhatsApp CRM
To start using the solution, a company has to go through the following steps
Obtain a WhatsApp Business account
To use CRM with WhatsApp, a company needs to obtain a WhatsApp Business account. This involves following WhatsApp’s guidelines, providing necessary business information, and completing the verification process. Once approved, you will receive an API key and other essential details along with the ability to connect the account to external business software.
Choose a suitable WhatsApp CRM
Select a CRM platform that supports WhatsApp integration. Look for a solution that seamlessly integrates via official WhatsApp Business integration, as this guarantees security, speed, and decreased risks of account suspension. For example, WhatsApp CRM by Umnico empowers businesses to improve customer relationships, optimize workflows, and foster growth. This solution enables businesses to initiate customer interactions through WhatsApp, consolidate multiple users, and efficiently handle all conversations within a unified interface. Additionally, it offers advanced automation and chatbot features for enhanced engagement.
Configure the platform
With your WhatsApp CRM connected to the messenger, you can now configure the integration. This typically involves linking your CRM account with WhatsApp, setting up message templates for quick replies to customer inquiries round-the-clock, mapping customer data fields for seamless information exchange as well as setting rules for inquiry distribution among employees according to internal policies.
Tips for Using CRM for WhatsApp
To achieve the highest efficiency, companies using WhatsApp CRM should adhere to the following practices.
- Provide an opt-in form and get client consent. It’s crucial to obtain explicit consent from customers before contacting them on WhatsApp. Make sure to have clear opt-in mechanisms in place and comply with data protection regulations to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Automate responses to frequent questions. Leverage the power of automation to streamline customer interactions. Set up automated responses for frequently asked questions, order confirmations, and status updates. This saves time and provides customers with immediate feedback. Remember that responding within a reasonable timeframe enhances customer satisfaction and builds trust.
- Personalize communication. Use customer data from your CRM to personalize WhatsApp messages. Address customers by their name, tailor offers and recommendations based on their preferences, and make them feel valued and understood.
- Track and analyze results. Utilize the reporting and analytics features of the WhatsApp CRM platform to monitor the effectiveness of your WhatsApp CRM integration. Track metrics such as message open rates, response times, and customer engagement to fine-tune your communication strategy.
Summing things up
Employing WhatsApp CRM can unlock tremendous potential for businesses to communicate and sell effectively. With a wide user base, personalized communication, real-time messaging, and rich media-sharing capabilities, WhatsApp offers a powerful platform for engaging with customers. By carefully setting up the integration and following best practices, businesses can enhance customer relationships, increase sales, and stay ahead in today’s competitive market.